Saturday, January 28

"Cooking Challenges of 2006" MEME



I have been tagged by Ivonne from Cream Puffs in Venice ( I want to say, I love the name and design and recipes in Ivonne's blog!) to write up my cooking challenges for 2006.
I wish I did not find it difficult - I would then own a huge catering business! :)

So, here I go:
1. Very recently, I have gone a little mad and started to read about every possible quisine in the world. I could not decide which one to take on as first, so I ended up with a collection (hungarian, french and morrocan). Thus, my challenge is to have in my cooking repertoire few dishes from every quisine I stumble across. (a bit too challenging, maybe, but it keeps my interest and ispiration up)
2. Spun sugar and caramel - it fascinates me what you can make out of sugar. Caramel is one of the tastes I love and it is so versatile - think of fudge, or banoffee pie, tart tatin, caramel ice-cream, 'pizzelle' - click, etc.) As for spun sugar, it means mastering caramel, for me. It looks impressive with desserts to give them that 'wow' factor. (maybe sad, :) but true!)
3. Croquembouch or a huge celebration cake with sugar piping. The basis for Croquenbouch is 'choux pastry' which fortunately, I am ok with. So, now, it is only to make lots of 'the balls', fill them with pastry cream(3 flavours), build them into a tower/pyramid and drizzle all over with caramel and spun sugar. Hmmmm! I shall be making this next week for my sister-in-law's 40. birthday party.
4. Inventive vegetarian meals - this is something, my hubby and I, are trying to do more. Eat healthily, meaning eat more vegetarian meals. So, my challenge is to be able to cook up huge variety of veggie meals.
5. Once a week dinner for friends and family.
This is something I always wanted to do often. Have done it few times but have still little things to improve like getting everything out hot and pretty quickly. So that's the challenge!
6. Last (and probably not least) is my challenge to produce truffles in larger quantities and sell them to people. I would love to hear the feedback from them as to what flavours they prefer. It would be very interesting!

Phew! That's my challenges for this year written. Now, I only have to keep them up. I'll keep you posted.

I would like to hear about the cooking challenges from following people:
Nicky and Oliver from Delicious Days, Ana from Pumpking Pie Bungalow and Keiko from Nordljus.

1 Comments:

Blogger Tessa said...

I recently came accross your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I don't know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.


Ruth

http://muffinsnow.com

6:33 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger

online
Online Dating