Sunday, April 24

SHF # 7 - Fruit&nut squares


Making of them

Although I have missed SHF # 7, I am posting my contribution above.

I was a bit indifferent to 'molasses' until today when I remembered that I had a red tin labelled 'Black Treacle' in my cupboard.


First of all, I didn't really know what to use it for.
I have heard about it but did not pay too much attention to it.
But as I was walking past my food calendar in the kitchen, I noticed these beautiful looking nut squares and thought that I'll make them.
It required 'Black Treacle' and then it struck me as a lighting from heaven that it must be the one, so much talked about - molasses.I was very pleased that finally I was going to try it out and it was again a quickie.


pretty nut squarePosted by Hello

Ingredients:
200 g rolled oats
100 g dessicated coconut
70 g melted butter(margarine)
40 g light muscovado sugar
2 big tablespoons of black treacle(molasses)
70g chopped dried fruit of your choice (cranberries, raisins, apricots, dates..)
50 g chopped mixed nuts (cashew, pistachio, almonds..)

milk chocolate (topping)
dash of milk

Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
Melt the butter over a low heat, add the sugar and treacle. Once melted, add this to the oats mixed with coconut.
Then add the rest of the ingredients, spread into a cake tin (I used an oven dish) and bake in the oven until golden brown.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Theresa said...

Mmm...those squares look delicious. I bet they'd be a good breakfast bar and send Quaker Oats Breakfast Squares running. =)

4:13 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger

online
Online Dating