Sunday, April 24

IMBB # 14 - Honey, ginger, apricot chicken


Chicken with honey,ginger and apricots

Ooph! This was done for the last minute and posted to Foodgoat who is hosting this month's theme of Is My Blog Burning?(IMBB). They have chosen an interesting one this time (reminding me of a mobile phone advert, hehe) - orange.

There were lots of suggestions as to the ingredients that could be used like sweet potatoes, peppers, sweet paprika (which is soo much used in my roots' quisine - hungarian and slovak), butternut squashes, etc.
But no mention of fruit!

To me, orange coloured fruit was a definitive choice of an ingredient to be used for my final entry. I was thinking of orange jelly that I have eaten in a superb hotel in Canterbury for my birthday.
But as it was a bit late today, I was forced to come up with a hearty meal which will be enjoyed as a nice lunch by my hubby tomorrow.

Simply, I always keep some fresh chicken and ginger in the fridge, cupboboard is stocked up with tinned fruit and other everyday necessities like honey. Herbs are now nicely growing on my window sill, so I can tear off few sprigs as I need them.

Here we go then - it is sweet(honey), bit spicy(ginger, thai spice) and aromatic (herbs).

ready for oven

well done (nearly burnt it!)

delicious final entry Posted by Hello

Ingredients:
6 chicken thighs
fresh root ginger (peeled and grated)
1 can of apricots (drained)
honey
soy sauce
4 garlic cloves (peeled and sliced)
Thai 7 spice
sesame seed oil
freshly chopped herbs (lemon thyme and marjoram)

Preheat the oven to 200 degrees.
Lay out the washed chicken thighs in an oven-proof dish. Spread the freshly grated ginger in top of them. Place the tinned apricot halves around the chicken thighs. Add the garlic slices.
Sprinkle with thai spice and drizzle honey and soy sayce all over(about 2-3 tbsp each)and SESAME seed oil (very important for the flavour!!!)Add some herbs and leave some for the final decoration once the chicken is cooked.

6 Comments:

Blogger Ana said...

Wow Deska I am salivating just reading this. Unfortunately it is Sunday and the store closed or I would go right now buy chicken legs (which are also my favourite part of the chicken). This is a keeper.

12:35 am  
Blogger chronicler said...

Dreska! What a superb entry! I am hoping I can find some apricots tomorrow. Chicken tomorrow!

6:27 am  
Anonymous keiko said...

I'm drooling!

8:54 pm  
Blogger Jesster said...

Looks great!!!

9:48 pm  
Anonymous Alison Mcquade said...

Deska: looks wonderful - all the fun ingredients - can't wait to try it - thank you!

10:04 pm  
Blogger Andrea said...

Thanks! Please, try it out, it tasted better than I imagined. It has a nice spicy kick in that sweetness.

10:04 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger

online
Online Dating