Saturday, April 9

Cappuggiro coffee break


cappuggiro Posted by Hello

So, I am back from my holidays (Slovakia) which I already miss for many reasons - beautiful weather, friends, my family, fantastic coffee shops and pattisseries (cukraren = sugar shops = cake shops)...
I even came back to England with a little sun tan on my face!

And as every holiday goes, I was seeing lots of people, sitting in the sunshine in the main square whilst kiddies were circling the statue of Saint Trinity, popping for a cake(or two) into sweet shops and finally sitting down for a delicious coffee in a trendy Lavazza coffee house.

Oh, and the choice of coffees was fantastic!
Amongst my favourite ones is 'Cappuggiro' and 'Moccachino'.
Cappuggiro has a thick dark chocolate syrup at the bottom of the tall glass, over which they pour hot milk and top it with an ice-cold thick sweet coffee-milk foam(beige colour).
Moccachino was served in these tiny hexagonal glass cups (tall as a finger) - chocolate syrupat the bottom, topped with shot of hot espresso and finished with beautifully folded sweet cream.(like an ice-cream in a cone).

Other coffees served were Irish coffee (with an Irish cream), Viennese coffee (long espresso with cream on top), Paspuccino (with caramel poured over the cream), etc.

4 Comments:

Anonymous keiko said...

Hi Dreska - I'm glad you had a wonderful time back home. I have a Slovakian friend and always want to visit, it must be such a beautiful place... (I've been to Hungary, Czech and Poland) I love your drawing (and I love coffee)!

2:25 am  
Blogger Ana said...

Dreska - welcome back to blogland. That Cappuggiro sounds sinfully delicious. I've never seen something like it here in Canada. I'm envious, and I'm not a coffee lover, but I love chocolate-based drinks.

9:46 pm  
Blogger Andrea said...

Thank you. Slovakia gets lots of food inspiration from Italy, so fortunately, we have some fantastic coffees and hot chocolates there. See above.

2:17 pm  
Anonymous site said...

For my part one and all have to go through this.

11:42 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger

online
Online Dating