Saturday, February 26

Sushi


Rolled sushi Posted by Hello


First time I ever tried this 'japanese snack' was as an au-pair here in England.
I always thought that sushi was very expensive and mostly enjoyed by supermodels, actors or well-off people. However, it didn't stop me to try some myself. In fact, it could have prompted me to buy it and feel kind of sophisticated.
So, on my weekends off, I used to go to town with my friends. We had wonderful time shopping, then sitting in Starbucks or Costa sipping coffee and eating muffins. Then one day, it was very hot and sunny, we felt we didn't fancy a hot brunch but rather something refreshing and filling and nutritious at the same time. What else could it be than SUSHI?
We rushed to the shop, picked up two trays with all the little condiments laying inside in the separate compartments next to these beautiful, colourful rolls of rice, fish and veg. Outside in the street, we were just looking at it for a while and thinking loud that it's like an art piece. The contrast of the white rice and black nori sheet around it, with the colourful display of pink and orange fish and green cucumber in the middle made the whole tray look like a set of sea jewels. One of us might have said that it was a shame to eat it. Whilst we were deciding what to do with the condiments, the taste buds were calling for attention. So we squeezed few drops of soy sauce onto the rolls, spread a tiny dot of green wasabi paste on top and finished them with the pickled pink ginger. It makes you feel you are preparing your own meal, so it seems even fresher.
We really enjoyed it and decided on sushi being our weekend town summer lunch.

But it was only 2 days ago that I decided to make my own sushi at home. I have been passing the 'Starter kit sushi box' for quite some time in the local supermarket until now. I pulled it down from the shelf together with additional jar of pickled ginger, wasabi paste, nori sheets and sushi rice. I felt like on a quest. I moved to the fresh fish counter and bought enough mixed sea-food (the good fishmonger behind the counter decided to give me the left-over for free, so I had more than I could use) and smoked salmon trimmings.
Satisfied and proud of my choice, I went home to prepare it.
To my surprise, it was very easy and fast to make. Only the rice took 15-20 minutes to boil.
The rest was laying the bamboo mat with:
- one nori sheet
- dollop of cooled-down-rice in the middle, spreading nicely across the whole sheet(leaving 1cm from the rolling edges)
-seafood in the middle in a row
-thinly cut cucumber chips
- smoked salmon trimmings
I took one side of the bamboo mat and started rolling the sheet until it was complete. The nori sheet got nice and soft under warm rice and ready to be cut in slices.

I also found out that there are different types of sushi like rolled sushi, scattered sushi, pressed sushi, etc.
For those of you who would like to know more about it, take a look at:
http://www.sushilinks.com/
http://www.eatsushi.com/

35 Comments:

Blogger aude said...

beautiful picture !

8:33 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"I just came across your blog about **keyword** and wanted to drop you a note telling you how impressed I was with the information you have posted here. I also have a web site & blog about penny stock keyword so I know what I'm talking about when I say your site is top-notch! Keep up the great work, you are providing a great resource on the Internet here!"

10:32 pm  
Blogger musica said...

This is a excellent blog. Keep it going. I'm sure you'd be interested in acne cure Stop acne cure

6:09 am  
Blogger musica said...

Your Blog is great and nice. I am sure you will be interested in acne cure Get acne cure

7:14 am  
Blogger musica said...

This is an excelent blog. if you want really found a cure click here nature cure acne treatment Get here nature cure acne treatment

2:41 pm  
Blogger musica said...

This is an excelent blog. if you want really found a cure click here acne home cure Get here acne home cure

10:53 pm  
Blogger alena said...

Hey, I have enjoyed...your blog is informative - even entertaining.

I have a halloween sites. They pretty much covers costumes and masks related stuff.

Thanks again and I'll be sure to bookmark you.

5:05 am  
Blogger musica said...

This is an excelent blog. if you want really found a cure click here acne home cure Get here acne home cure

7:03 am  
Blogger musica said...

This is an excelent blog. if you want really found a cure click here acne home cure Get here acne home cure

7:51 am  
Blogger musica said...

Your Blog is great and nice. I am sure you will be interested in acne cure Get acne cure

6:21 pm  
Blogger musica said...

Your Blog is great and nice. I am sure you will be interested in acne cure Get acne cure

7:55 pm  
Blogger musica said...

Your Blog is great and nice. I am sure you will be interested in acne home cure Get acne home cure

1:09 am  
Blogger musica said...

Your Blog is great and nice. I am sure you will be interested in nature cure acne Get nature cure acne

4:41 pm  
Blogger musica said...

Your Blog is great and nice. I am sure you will be interested in acne cure Get acne cure

6:10 pm  
Blogger Tom Naka said...

Just thought i would say hi from Japan. Doing some blog surfing and found your site. Im looking for some cool styles of california care health united
for my own blog. Theres some really amazing blogs about. if you have time check out my site you will find information on california care health united
. Well when i get my blog running hope you come and check it out.

8:43 pm  
Blogger musica said...

Your Blog is great and nice. I am sure you will be interested in acne cure Get acne cure

3:38 pm  
Blogger usersanonimos said...

This is an excelent blog. if you want really found a cure click here natural acne cure Get here natural acne cure

6:45 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am wiser on this subject now that I've read your blog.shopping online st louis More info here shopping online st louis

10:25 pm  
Blogger usersanonimos said...

Your Blog is great and nice. I am sure you will be interested in acne cure Get acne cure

12:03 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a Health blog. It pretty much covers Dieting Health Fitness Exercise related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time

1:45 pm  
Blogger musica said...

Your Blog is great and nice. I am sure you will be interested in nature cure acne Get nature cure acne

12:59 pm  
Blogger musica said...

This is an excelent blog. if you want really found a cure click here natural acne cure Get here natural acne cure

4:46 am  
Blogger musica said...

This is an excelent blog. if you want really found a cure click here natural acne cure Get here natural acne cure

5:40 am  
Blogger usersanonimos said...

Your Blog is great and nice. I am sure you will be interested in acne home cure Get acne home cure

2:17 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great Blog! I also have a site about gorgonzola cheeseburger
. You can check it out at gorgonzola cheeseburger



Also, as a thank you for visiting my site, I'd like to tell you about a great site that is giving away a FREE DVD Camcorder! Just click the following link and enter your Zipcode to see if the promotion is available in your area!

FREE DVD Camcorder

12:58 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great Blog! I also have a site about designed chocolate candy
. You can check it out at designed chocolate candy


Also, as a thank you for visiting my site, I'd like to tell you about a great site that is giving away a FREE DVD Camcorder! Just click the following link and enter your Zipcode to see if the promotion is available in your area!

FREE DVD Camcorder

9:23 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been finding almost all of my sushi washington dc here

8:36 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Blast Your Ad to 700,000,000+ Members on 400+ Networks

3:08 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I enjoyed you blog about man health penis enlargement. I also have a site about man health penis enlargement which makes me appreciate this one even more! Keep up the good work!

4:21 am  
Anonymous how to cook chicken said...

Hi Dreska
I never realised that so many blogs would show up if I did a search on something like how to cook lobster. I'm still not sure how well Sushi falls into that category, but I've enjoyed visiting :0) Adios Amigo.

1:43 pm  
Blogger Hoodia said...

Help me Dude, I think I'm lost..... I was searching for Elvis and somehow ended up in your blog, but you know I'm sure I saw him in a car lot yesterday, which is really strange because the last time I saw him was in the supermarket. No honest really, he was right there in front of me, next to the steaks singing "Love me Tender". He said to me (his lip was only slightly curled) "Boy, you need to get yourself a San Diego cosmetic surgery doctor ,to fit into those blue suede shoes of yours. But Elvis said in the Ghetto nobody can afford a San Diego plastic surgery doctor. Dude I'm All Shook Up said Elvis. I think I'll have me another cheeseburger. Then I'm gonna go round and see Michael Jackson and we're gonna watch a waaaay cool make-over show featuring some Tijuana dentists on the TV in the back of my Hummer. And then he just walked out of the supermarket singing. . . "You give me love and consolation,
You give me strength to carry on " Strange day or what? :-)

2:36 pm  
Anonymous how to cook turkey said...

Hi Dreska
I never realised that so many different types of blog would show up if I did a search on something like how to cook salmon. I'm still not sure how well Sushi fits into that category, but I've enjoyed visiting :0) Adios Amigo.

4:55 pm  
Anonymous carbuncle said...

Hi Dreska, Out surfing for information on carbuncle & happened upon your site. While Sushi wasn't exactly spot on, it did strike a note with me. Thank you for the really good read.

11:13 pm  
Anonymous ingrown hair said...

Hi there Dreska, I had been out looking for some new information on get rid of boil when I found your site and Sushi. Though not just what I was searching for, it drew my attention. An interesting post and I thank you for it.

4:26 am  
Anonymous free natural penis enlargement tip said...

hi ##Name##

i saw your blog, Its exelent. Congratulations for the Great work.

But the main problem is traffic. You can post your blog or your site, for free, to your blog , foum with your singnature, or PR site.It will give u free link back. u will not only get free traffic but also get better listing at SE.

So nothing to losse. just submitt your blog/ site for free

thanks

http://penis-enlargement-device.biz

9:14 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger

online
Online Dating